I really have lost my ability to write. It's so sad. I used to write early in the morning. I seem to have clarity at that time each morning. Also, I'd like to think I'm the funniest. Unfortunately, I am not able to write at that time each day (SADNESS) and I haven't invested energy in finding another time that works for me consistently.
With that said, I feel like 4,287,301 have happened in my life that I really have not updated you on. Right now, I have no idea what literary continuity would look like, so short paragraphs will have to cut the proverbial mustard for today. :)
· At the end of July, my church had a family VBS. SO MUCH FUN. Three long days of hard work, but it gave me chance to see a different side of my church peeps (I love that they are multifaceted) as well as get to work directly for our super fun Children's Pastor.
· I have a 16-year old at church that hits on me. It's the funniest thing. I point out (frequently) that I am old enough to be his Teen Mom. I'm claiming that his sweet words are preparing me for how God wants my husband to treat me. After FX (Family VBS), this guy left a comment on my facebook wall that said:
"The Word says, "Give drink to those who are thirst, and feed the hungry", how 'bout dinner?"
I kid you not, I STILL laugh about that. BEST. PICK-UP. LINE. EVER.
· My friend Danielle got married on August 21. Her wedding, (in spite of some feelings that crept up in me that I still can't rationalize), restored my faith in weddings. In spite of the fact that I've been to 100+ weddings in the last decade, I'd gotten to the place where I felt like I didn't deserve one. That sounds dumb, because it is. Danielle was GORGEOUS, and I got my make-up done professionally, including false eyelashes. I wish I could wear them everyday. They're so fun!!
· My fabulous college friends and I had our FOURTH reunion in as many years. My dear friend Mike got engaged to his sweetheart Kristin and I am so stinkin' excited for them! We had so much fun that weekend. It never ceases to amaze me that even though we see each other once a year, we never miss a beat. I love those people with my whole heart. It's precious to see my friend Mike so happy and in love! He's dated some interesting girls, but Kristin is the best!!! So glad to welcome her and her son into the family!!
· I'm officially leading high school Sunday School/Discipleship. These teenagers crack me up. We had 19 this past Sunday morning. I can't wait to see what all God is going to do with them!!!
· I got my second (and probably final) tattoo this past weekend. It says "My Beloved" in Arabic, and it's directly below my first one. I'm not going to lie… this thing HURT like a mug!! It's still hilarious to me that I pulled my pants down and let some guy draw on my lower hip, and paid him! Also, the running joke is that I have a UN Peace Treaty on my butt. The friend I went to visit in Jordan was stateside for a few weeks and checked the language for me. I love it, honestly. I'm a teensy-weensy bit sad that my inks aren't in places that people can see regularly, but there's still such a stigma to tattoos.
· I've been think about Jordan a LOT these past few weeks. As corny as this seems, I still can't believe I went. I still can't believe I experienced it. If it weren't for the pictures, I don't know if I'd believe it's real. But with that said, there is something about it that I ache for deeply. I miss Jordan.
I know I have some funny stories, but they aren't coming to mind right now. But this is what's been happening. My life is full and fun and busy. I don't get to see the babies as often as I'd like, but it's a season and I just have to be thankful for this season, instead of wishing it away. It's also college football season (ROLL TIDE!). I'm moderating my addiction to Pinterest by devoting 5 minutes when I can, so that I don't feel guilty for missing something. I'm trying (for the umpteenth time) to stick to a plan. I envy people who can!
I'm also rambling. As you were…
I have a tattoo on my hip. Didn't hurt much at all, but people have told me my pain tolerance is insane. Hopefully that will prepare me for the future (childbirth). Sounds like you've been busy.
Post a Comment